Right here’s an inventory of the blokes who missed the top 50 by various levels. Don’t take the precise quantity rankings to coronary heart, as there’s little or no distinction between 51 and 100. Most of those guys can be within the top 50 with one huge season subsequent yr.
Particularly, there are a ton of pitchers on this record who would usually be a shoe-in for the top 50 listing, however given the depth they only missed the minimize. It’s going to be a enjoyable yr in 2019.
51. Pedro Espinola – RHP, 6-foot-Four, 207-pounds, 22-years-old – Espinola had a great yr in Pulaski, with a Three.77 ERA and 58 Okay : 32 BB in 45.1 innings. The management continues to be not the place it must be, however he’s progressing properly. Being a 22-year-old within the rookie leagues signifies that he should show himself at larger ranges, however Espinola has the stuff to make that occur. What Espinola lacks in management he makes up for with a nasty two pitch repertoire. He has a 93-96 mph fastball with a low ¾ arm angle. He additionally has a nasty curveball. The spin charges on each pitches are elite (2500 RPM and 3000 RPM respectively). If he can study to regulate these and develop a 3rd pitch, he might bust onto the scene.
52. Jose Villa – 3B, 6-foot-1, 170-pounds, RHB, 19-years-old – Jose Villa had an unbelievable yr statistically for the GCL Yankees. Within the GCL, he had a .371/.397/.543/.940 line with two homeruns, eight doubles, and three triples in 33 video games. He additionally performed six video games within the DSL. Villa is a man who hits the ball onerous throughout the sector and may play a number of positions. The Yankees are protecting him at third for now as a result of he has completed nicely there, however something might occur going ahead. Villa was not a extremely touted signing, and regardless of his good measurement, he doesn’t have loopy instruments aside from his means to barrel the baseball and make constant contact. If he retains hitting like he has, nevertheless, none of that’s going to matter for much longer.
53. Daniel Ramos – RHP, 5-foot-10, 169-pounds, 23-years-old – I assumed Ramos can be in line for extra innings this yr since he threw 52 final yr. Alas, he solely received 67.2 innings, though his appearances have been usually spaced aside by 5 days, which suggests the Yankees nonetheless might view him as a starter. He completed the yr with a Three.72 ERA and 64 Okay : 27 BB in 67.2 innings. He has a 92-95 mph fastball with creating secondary pitches. It’s not clear what the Yankees have deliberate for him subsequent yr, however he could also be prepared for a much bigger workload.
54. Alexander Vizcaino – RHP, 6-foot-2, 160-pounds, 21-years-old – Vizcaino has an electrical arm however struggles significantly with command and management. He had a 5.12 ERA and 57 Okay : 23 BB in 58 innings this yr. With a mid-90’s fastball that has reached 97 mph, and a curveball/changeup which have plus potential, he’s a man who might make an influence down the road. For now he’s nonetheless uncooked. That is a type of guys who might turn into a family identify if one thing clicks.
55. Deivi Diaz – LHP, 5-foot-10, 197-pounds, 19-years-old – He’s a lefty who can dial it as much as the low-90’s with a curveball and changeup which might be creating. He had a pleasant yr within the GCL and DSL, with a Three.63 ERA and 52 Okay : 16 BB in 39.2 innings. He’s one other man with a pleasant repertoire and good efficiency within the low minors. He additionally nonetheless has youth on his aspect. He might develop right into a Nestor Cortes sort with extra velocity.
56. Ryder Inexperienced – CF, 6-foot-Zero, 200-pounds, RHB, 18-years-old – Inexperienced made his debut this yr and confirmed some promise within the GCL. He hit .203/.316/.392/.708 which is not nice. However, he additionally hit three homeruns, two triples, and two doubles in 2018. He’s recognized for having huge energy and spectacular batting apply shows. Let’s see what the Yankees can do to develop these instruments.
57. Alex Mauricio – RHP, 6-foot-Zero, 180-pounds, 21-years-old – The Yankees rolled him out as a starter this yr after giving him aid work in his profession debut. They could have gotten him within the 27th spherical, however he has far more worth than that now. He began 11 video games this yr, and had a Three.86 ERA and 49 Okay : 18 BB in 58.1 innings between Staten Island and Low-A. He has a mid-90’s fastball and as of final yr, questionable secondary stuff. It looks like he has improved a number of the secondary pitches and we’ll see the place he goes from right here. He has been as much as 99 mph prior to now, so there could also be much more left within the tank.
58. Rodney Hutchison – RHP, 6-foot-5, 225-pounds, 22-years-old – The Yankees picked up Hutchison I the sixth spherical they usually obtained an influence arm. He’ll rise up to the high-90’s on the radar gun and the Yankees really feel they will develop him as a starter. He had 31 Okay : 6 BB and a 1.97 ERA in 32 innings for Staten Island this yr. I think he’ll begin with Low-A subsequent yr and be part of their rotation.
59. Austin DeCarr – RHP, 6-foot-Three, 218-pounds, 23-years-old – DeCarr appears to have discovered a distinct segment within the bullpen and had a pleasant yr pitching for Charleston. He threw 36 innings, had 39 Okay : 25 BB, and a Three.5 ERA. The largest blemish is the walks, and he might want to get a lot better if he needs to proceed to rise. Prior to now, he had a mid-90’s fastball and nasty curveball.
60. Evan Alexander – OF, 6-foot-2, 175-pounds, LHB, 20-years-old – Alexander is an athletic child who had a pleasant statistical season for Pulaski this yr. He hit .278/.399/.503/.902 with 5 homeruns, one double, and 9 triples. He additionally had 10 SB in 47 video games. This was a pleasant little breakout for him, and it is going to be fascinating to see the place this places him subsequent yr. I wouldn’t be stunned to see him begin in Charleston, however I additionally wouldn’t be stunned in the event that they held him again yet one more yr and put him in Staten Island. Both approach, he’s creating some energy to a recreation that already consists of velocity. With time, he might flip into a very good one.
61. Mickey Gasper – 1B, 5-foot-10, 205-pounds, RHB, 22-years-old – One other 27th spherical draft decide, Mickey Gasper is a crowd favourite at Pulaski. He had 9 homeruns and 6 doubles with a .257/.393/.493/.886 line. That is what he ought to be doing within the rookie leagues at his age, however you possibly can’t fault him for doing simply that. He’s fairly maxed out bodily, however as you’ll be able to see by the numbers he generates a ton of energy from his comparatively brief stature. He’s most certainly a corporation man however you by no means know when one in every of these guys can flip into one thing extra.
62. Isaiah Pasteur – CF, 6-foot-2, 182-pounds, RHB, 22-years-old – Yankees obtained Pasteur within the 13th spherical this yr out of GWU. He transferred there this yr and the Yankees took the chance to draft him given his nice instruments. He completed with a .295/.347/.568/.915 line between the GCL and Pulaski this yr. He had six homeruns, six doubles, and 6 stolen bases. Pasteur is one other athletic child with an influence and velocity combo. He performed 3B in school however the Yankees love his athleticism a lot they put him in CF. His profession deserves watching intently.
63. Shawn Semple – RHP, 6-foot-1, 220-pounds, 22-years-old – He was the 11th spherical draft decide in 2017 and he’s a hometown boy from Voorhees, NJ. He has a low-90’s fastball, together with a curveball and a changeup that he has a great really feel for. He pitched 61 innings between Staten Island, Low-A, and one begin in Excessive-A this yr. Semple had a 2.95 ERA and 62 Okay : 14 BB on the season. General these are wonderful stats and hopefully he can increase on his first full season within the minors in 2019.
64. Reiver Sanmartin – LHP, 6-foot-2, 160-pounds, 22-years-old – Reiver got here to the Yankees within the Ronald Herrera commerce, and his efficiency has been nice. He has an 88-90 mph fastball, so he’s not gonna mild up the radar gun, however he has pinpoint management and a pleasant curveball that he can find at will. He pitched over 4 ranges this yr from Staten Island to Trenton, and had a 2.81 ERA in 67.1 innings, with a 58 : Four strikeout to stroll ratio.
65. Carlos D. Rodriguez – RHP, 5-foot-10, 155-pounds, 19-years-old –Rodriguez apparently has some fairly great things for his measurement. It appears to be displaying up within the numbers too. He had 49.2 innings pitched within the DSL and GCL this yr, and completed with a Three.08 ERA, 51 Okay, and 12 BB. In time we’ll discover out if he turns into a real prospect or not.
66. Alexander Palma – RF, 6-foot-Zero, 201-pounds, 22-years-old – Palma was nicely on his method to his greatest profession season when he went down with an damage that ended his season. He hit .299/.348/.459/.806 with seven homeruns, eight doubles, and one triple in 52 video games this season. Palma has a fantastic hit software and a few burgeoning energy. He’s an extended shot to stay in proper subject within the majors however he took an enormous step in the proper course this yr.
67. James Reeves – LHP, 6-foot-Three, 215-pounds, 25-years-old – Reeves had one other profitable season with a 2.88 ERA, 56.1 IP, and a 72 : 34 Okay : BB ratio. He has a low-90’s fastball he locates with the most effective of them, and a nasty slider/changeup combo. He’s one of some higher degree lefties who may have the ability to assist the main league workforce subsequent season.
68. Nestor Cortes – LHP, 5-foot-11, 205-pounds, 23-years-old – It was one other effective yr for Cortes, with a Three.68 ERA and 99 Okay : 38 BB in 115 innings. He additionally turned in Four.2 main league innings, and an Eight innings shutout efficiency within the playoffs, giving him a complete of 127.2 innings general this season, with 106 Okay. His fastball is high-80’s, low-90’s, and he has a curveball, changeup, and slider. He’s robust to hit, no less than for minor leaguers. I feel there’s little question at this level he’ll get an opportunity to pitch within the majors for an prolonged interval. The query turns into in what position, and for a way lengthy? Solely time will inform, however for now it’s clear the Yankees do have a serious league asset.
69. Oswald Peraza – SS, 6-foot-Zero, 176-pounds, RHB, 18-years-old – Peraza had a “hold your own” type of yr in Pulaski, with a .250/.333/.321/.655 line. He had one homer, three doubles, and two triples, whereas stealing eight bases. It was his first time enjoying underneath the lights, and he did maintain his personal. Peraza has above common velocity and a very good hit software. Scouts really feel he may have hole energy however might develop extra sooner or later. He’s a strong defender at shortstop and will stick there long run.
70. Zack Zehner – OF, 6-foot-Four, 220-pounds, RHB, 26-years-old – The solely factor stopping Zehner from being larger on the record is his age. He has good energy with strong exit velocity, and he’s good within the outfield. He’s fairly good at every part, however not nice at something but. He had a .270/.339/.459/.798 line this yr between Double-A and Triple-A, with 14 homeruns, 25 doubles, and 6 triples. General it was a profitable season for Zehner. He must be rule 5 eligible after this yr, so some group may seize him there and provides him a shot to play day-after-day. If not, he’s gonna have a troublesome time discovering enjoying time with the Yankees.
71. Phillip Diehl – LHP, 6-foot-2, 180-pounds, 24-years-old – Diehl has had nothing however success since signing with the Yankees in 2016. This yr, between Excessive-A and Double-A, he threw 75.1 innings and struck out 108, whereas strolling 23. He had a 2.51 ERA. His fastball sits within the low 90’s, and he has slider and changeup to go together with it. The strikeout numbers are profound, so he has an actual shot on the main leagues.
72. Alexander Vargas – RHP, 6-foot-Four, 203-pounds, 21-years-old – Vargas has a low-90’s fastball that tops out at 93 with exhausting sink that causes batters to pound the ball into the bottom. He additionally has a curveball and changeup. This season he had a Four.01 ERA with 50 Okay : 16 BB in 83 innings. Sinkerball pitchers are typically higher within the higher minors as a result of the protection behind them improves, so don’t be stunned if that is the noticed sample with Vargas.
73. JP Sears – LHP, 5-foot-11, 180-pounds, 22-years-old – Sears has a 92-93 mph fastball, which is ok for a lefty. What’s greatest about his fastball although, is the deception and spin price (2350). He additionally has a curveball and changeup that are common pitches. JP solely managed to pitch 54 innings this yr however was wonderful. He had 54 Okay : 11 BB, a .191 common towards, and a 2.67 ERA. He was positioned on the disabled listing after his 6/21 begin and hasn’t been again since, which is disconcerting. The neatest thing you’ll be able to hope for subsequent yr is a full, wholesome season the place he’s again to his previous self.
74. Oswaldo Cabrera – 2B/SS, 5-foot-10, 145-pounds, 19-years-old – You possibly can say that Cabrera had a disappointing season and also you wouldn’t be incorrect. Particularly given the truth that he had a profession low OPS at .592. That stated, he’s simply 19-years-old in Low-A, which suggests he has loads of time to proper the ship. He has nice instruments, together with a plus hit device, clean fielding, a very good arm, and above common velocity. The Yankees are excessive on him, however he clearly has a number of changes to make for subsequent season. He completed the yr with a .229/.379/.320/.529 line with six homeruns, 24 doubles, and one triple.
75. Wilkerman Garcia – SS, 6-foot-Zero, 176-pounds, SH, 20-years-old – Talking of disappointing seasons, Wilkerman Garcia completed with a equally dangerous line of .218/.274/.305/.580 with six homeruns, 20 doubles, and two triples. Garcia has a ton of expertise and good long-term energy projection, however he should begin making huge strides quickly if he ever needs to be a authentic main league shortstop.
76. Daniel Alvarez – RHP, 6-foot-Three, 228-pounds, 22-years-old – Now that he has been moved into the bullpen, Alvarez might turn into a quick mover of the Giovanny Gallegos ilk. In his first season as a reliever he had a 1.Three ERA and 53 Okay : Eight BB in 34.2 innings. He had a .194 common towards. Previous to this season, he was within the 90-93 vary together with his fastball as a starter. I’d wager a guess that he throws more durable now. He additionally has an above common curveball and a mean changeup.
77. Mike Ford – 1B, 6-foot-Zero, 225-pounds, LHB, 26-years-old – Ford had an honest season, however after the yr he had in 2017 it needs to be seen as a disappointment. He completed with a .251/.326/.433/.759 line with 16 homeruns and 22 doubles in 108 video games. Ford has wonderful endurance and respectable energy, though for a primary baseman it’s not as spectacular. At this level Ford has been handed over for a number of marginal prospects for a serious league promotion, and I’ve a tough time believing the Yankees will hold him for much longer. I hope he catches on with one other group.
78. Anyelo Gomez – RHP, 6-foot-1, 185-pounds, 25-years-old – Gomez went out with a thriller damage in Might and has been out ever since. He solely threw 7.1 innings this yr and struck out eight whereas strolling three. He completed with a 2.45 ERA. Gomez had a superb season in 2017 although, and he has a low to mid-90’s fastball with secondary choices that get the job accomplished. He was taken within the rule 5 draft final yr by the Braves and returned to the Yankees. If he can get again to being absolutely wholesome he’s in all probability a serious league caliber reliever quickly.
79. Gosuke Katoh – 2B, 6-foot-2, 200-pounds, LHB, 23-years-old – Katoh had a disappointing yr with a .229/.327/.335/.662 line, 5 homeruns, 27 doubles, and two triples. He additionally stole 11 bases. After a considerably breakout yr in 2017, this can be a letdown. Subsequent yr is the final yr of staff management for Katoh. It’s wanting unlikely that the Yankees will get something out of drafting him. Within the phrases of Yogi Berra, “It’s getting late early” for Katoh.
80. Canaan Smith – OF, 6-foot-Zero, 215-pounds, LHB, 19-years-old – Smith had a tough yr, ending with a .191/.281/.316/.596 line. He was producing a ton of buzz within the offseason with some big exit velocities and dropping fairly a couple of bombs. Whereas the statistics weren’t there, the potential continues to be there for Smith to make a few changes and has a monster yr in 2019. This wasn’t his breakout, however subsequent yr might be.
81. Ryan McBroom – 1B, 6-foot-Three, 235-pounds, RHB, 26-years-old – McBroom catapulted himself forward of Mike Ford on the depth chart this yr with a superb season, however now he’ll have an extended approach to go to catch Luke Voit. He completed with a .302/.348/.458/.806 line. He launched 15 homeruns with 23 doubles and two triples. He’ll function good depth to Voit and Chook subsequent yr if he doesn’t get taken within the rule 5 draft.
82. Raynel Espinal – RHP, 6-foot-Three, 199-pounds, 26-years-old – Espinal had one other good yr, with a Three.09 ERA and 95 Okay : 26 BB in 67 innings. That’s a powerful Okay-rate, and it’s backed up by a low-to-mid-90’s fastball and a superb slider. I’d wish to see what he can do towards main leaguers.
83. Joe Harvey – RHP, 6-foot-2, 235-pounds, 26-years-old – Harvey owns a profession ERA of 1.75 within the minors over 144 innings, all in aid. This yr, he had a 1.67 ERA and 68 Okay : 25 BB in 59.1 innings principally in Triple-A. Through the years he has elevated his velocity and improved his stuff, and at this level he’s knocking on the doorways to the majors. There’s little doubt that he’ll pitch within the majors sooner or later, and when he does there’s an outdoor shot he might stick and carve out a pleasant profession. His fastball is now within the mid-90’s.
84. Mandy Alvarez – 3B, 6-foot-1, 195-pounds, RHB, 24-years-old – Alvarez was additionally drafted in 2016, however he was within the 17th spherical. He had his greatest season as a professional this yr. Alvarez completed with a .256/.314/.458/.751 line with 13 HR, 25 doubles, and three triples. Alvarez has energy and may play the recent nook. If he can study to both be extra affected person or hit for higher common, we might be taking a look at a serious leaguer.
85. Chris Gittens – 1B, 6-foot-Four, 250-pounds, RHB, 24-years-old – It was a tough yr for Gittens. When he wasn’t injured, he was ineffective. He completed the yr with a .193/.294/.330/.624 line with six homeruns and 9 doubles in 57 video games. There’s a big risk that Gittens’ season was solely dangerous as a result of he was injured the entire yr. It’s potential he’ll return to type subsequent yr when absolutely wholesome. At his greatest, he has a ton of energy and endurance.
86. David Sosebee – RHP, 6-foot-2, 220-pounds, 25-years-old – Sosebee had success on the highest degree of the minors this yr. He had a 2.Three ERA and 75 Okay : 24 BB in 62.2 innings this yr between Excessive-A, Double-A, and Triple-A. He’s all the time been a softer tossing man however has nice management and motion together with his pitchers. As his strikeout complete suggests, he does a pleasant job of lacking bats. He’ll want the correct set of circumstances to get an actual shot within the majors, however I wouldn’t rely him out.
87. Trevor Lane – LHP, 5-foot-11, 185-pounds, 24-years-old – Lane had an honest yr between Excessive-A and Double-A, with a Three.97 ERA and 82 Okay : 20 BB in 68 innings. He has a low-90’s fastball, a slider, and a changeup, and he too has a knack for lacking bats. Lane has carried out a pleasant job climbing up the ladder for the Yankees and is getting near with the ability to contribute within the majors.
88. Matt Wivinis – RHP, 6-foot-Zero, 170-pounds, 25-years-old – Wivinis had a superb statistical season this yr. He had a 2.41 ERA and 77 Okay : 15 BB in 56 IP. He has a .184 common towards. He’ll sit low-90’s together with his fastball, which is misleading and will get swings and misses. He additionally has probably the greatest sliders within the system, and that’s coming from a nondrafted free agent. Seems to be like he was a great discover.
89. Jio Orozco – RHP, 6-foot-1, 210-pounds, 21-years-old – Orozco had a down yr, and the stuff is not coming round just like the Yankees had hoped simply but. He had a Four.5 ERA and 36 Okay : 13 BB in 46 innings this yr in Low-A. He has a 92-95 mph fastball with sinking motion, a curveball, and a changeup. He’s nonetheless extremely younger and has a terrific arm, so there’s time for enchancment.
90. Andres Chaparro – 3B, 6-foot-1, 200-pounds, RHB, 19-years-old – Chaparro had a tough season however he did present that he can do one factor properly, and that’s hit for energy. He had a .191/.249/.348/.597 line with seven homeruns and 11 doubles. He’ll want main work on his hit device and making onerous contact going ahead if he needs to start out succeeding. He’s received some instruments although, so time will inform if he can turn into one thing extra.
91. Kyle Grey – 2B, 5-foot-10, 175-pounds, LHB, 21-years-old – Grey is a affected person, energy hitting second baseman. He hit .374/.462/.677 with 15 homeruns and 10 SB this yr for West Virginia. He didn’t hit almost as nicely for the Staten Island Yankees, however he did present his energy. He hit seven homeruns and 6 doubles in 48 video games however hit simply .170/.281/.346/.627 on the season. I consider he’s higher than that, and we’ll see extra from him subsequent yr.
92. Roberto Chirinos – SS, 5-foot-11, 172-pounds, RHB, 18-years-old – He’s a toolsy shortstop with a plus arm, above common velocity, and excessive make-up by all accounts. He struggled in his debut, with a .238/.289/.337/.626 line, however he has a ton of potential and is a man to look out for subsequent yr.
93. Aaron McGarity – RHP, 6-foot-Three, 185-pounds, 23-years-old – McGarity didn’t get many innings this season, however he made probably the most of them. He had 32 Okay : Three BB and a Zero.35 ERA in 25.2 innings for Staten Island. McGarity had a mid-90’s fastball prior to now and the Yankees are hoping they will get him to return to that. Time will inform.
94. Daniel Bies – RHP, 6-foot-Eight, 245-pounds, 22-years-old – The Yankees took Bies within the seventh spherical out of Gonzaga. He fared fairly nicely in his first style of professional baseball, ending with a Three.Three ERA and 43 Okay : 7 BB in 30 innings. He already hits the mid-90’s together with his fastball and has a mean curveball. With the Yankees improvement staff I wouldn’t be stunned if he was within the higher 90’s by the point he’s carried out creating. One other energy arm in a system filled with them.
95. Tanner Myatt – RHP, 6-foot-7, 220-pounds, 20-years-old – Myatt struggled in his debut, with a 5.Four ERA and 22 Okay : 9 BB in 18.1 innings. Myatt has already pitched as much as 100 mph this previous yr. He additionally has a crazy curveball and struggles with management. That is not shocking given his measurement, however I wouldn’t be stunned if the Yankees improvement workforce turned him right into a monster.
96. Austin Gardner – RHP, 6-foot-2, 215-pounds, 23-years-old – The Yankees took Gardner within the ninth spherical final yr, and he has executed nothing however carry out since then. This yr he completed with a 1.27 ERA and 48 Okay : Eight BB in 35.1 innings in Staten Island. He’ll throw within the low 90’s with the fastball, and deserves following as he advances.
97. Jesus Severino – RF, 6-foot-Zero, 186-pounds, RHB, 18-years-old – In his first yr within the states, Severino made an impression. He hit .248/.368/.394/.762 with three homeruns, 5 doubles, and three triples. He additionally stole 18 bases. Severino has a ton of athleticism and a few shocking pop.
98. Alexander Santana – OF, 6-foot-Zero, 175-pounds, RHB, 18-years-old – He had a troublesome time in his first yr stateside, however he has energy to spare. He hit .195/.272/.278/.550 with 9 doubles and on triple. It’s all the time an adjustment to return to the USA for the primary time, and he’s extraordinarily younger.
99. Raimfer Salinas – CF, 6-foot-Zero, 175-pounds, RHB, 17-years-old – Salinas is among the most gifted gamers from the 2018 Worldwide free agent class. He’s athletic and scouts consider he’ll develop energy over time. Salinas struggled in restricted motion this yr, with a .108 common and one double in 11 video games. He did steal 4 bases in a brief time period although. We should wait till subsequent yr to get an prolonged take a look at him.
100. Barrett Loseke – RHP, 6-foot-Zero, 170-pounds, 21-years-old – The Yankees acquired Loseke within the 17th spherical and he might find yourself being one of many huge draft sleepers. He pitched rather well within the school world collection this yr. Loseke is what you’d name a gamer. He received into 10 video games as a reliever for the Yankees within the GCL, and completed with 10 Okay : Four BB and a Three.6 ERA in 10 innings. He additionally threw 53.2 innings with a 2.68 ERA for Arkansas. He has a low-mid 90’s fastball in aid.